Nintendo revealed 2022’s eShop Download Rankings consisting of the most downloaded games on Nintendo Switch in Japan. Splatoon 3 is the number one title in the ranking. Pokemon Scarlet & Violet, which released just over a month ago in November, rank fourth and third, respectively.
Here’s the full list with the 30 titles in the Japanese Nintendo Switch 2022 Download Ranking. Of the 30, only four are not available worldwide.
- Splatoon 3
- Pokemon Legends Arceus
- Pokemon Violet
- Pokemon Scarlet
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Nintendo Switch Sports
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Overcooked 2
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3
- Kirby’s Dream Buffet
- Among Us
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Human Fall Flat
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
- Mario Party Superstars
- Monster wo Taoshite Tsuyoi Ken ya Yoroi wo Te ni Shinasai. Shindemo Akiramezu ni Tsuyoku Narinasai. Yuusha Tai ga Maou wo Taosu Sono Hi wo Shinjiteimasu, or Mon-Yu for short. (Note: This game is only available in Japan.)
- eBASEBALL Powerful Pro Baseball 2022 (Note: This game is only available in Japan.)
- Together! The Battle Cats (Note: An Asian English version is available called The Battle Cats Unite!)
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Note: This game is only available in Japan.)
- Dragon Quest X Offline (Note: This game is only available in Japan.)
- Dragon Quest III
- Resident Evil 6
- Splatoon 2
- Unravel Two
The number one spot for 2021’s Ranking went to Monster Hunter Rise, which kept strong during 2022 thanks to the release of its DLC expansion, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.
Splatoon 3 released on September 8, 2022, and as it happened with its predecessors, as the game keeps updating with more content, new Splatfest events, and the all-new Big Run, it will continue to grow its numbers.