People can get an idea of what some of the top Nintendo Switch game downloads were in Japan. The company released the 2021 Nintendo Switch Download Ranking. The list goes over the 30 most-downloaded games from the eShop for the year. For 2021, Monster Hunter Rise ended up being the most popular downloaded game in Japan.
Here’s the full list of the 30 titles noted in the Japanese Nintendo Switch 2021 Download Ranking. Of the 30, only two aren’t available worldwide.
- Monster Hunter Rise
- Among Us
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
- Momotaro Dentetsu: Showa, Heisei, Reiwa mo Teiban! (Note: This game is only available in Japan.)
- Pokemon Shining Pearl
- Human Fall Flat
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
- Mario Party Superstars
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Overcooked 2
- New Pokemon Snap
- Splatoon 2
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
- Together! The Battle Cats (Note: An Asian English version is available called The Battle Cats Unite!
- Fit Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise
- Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
- Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
- Dragon Quest III
- Pokemon Sword
- Game Builder Garage
- Super Mario Party
- Metroid Dread
There’s no similar ranking for North America or Europe at the moment.
As for Monster Hunter Rise, some big months lie ahead for the Switch game. The PC version of the game will launch on January 12, 2022. Also, its Sunbreak expansion will appear in Summer 2022. However, it will be a while before we hear more. Capcom noted more news on it will appear in Spring 2022.
Here’s Capcom’s teaser.
Hunters, we know you’re itching for more #Sunbreak news…
Stay tuned… Spring 2022! pic.twitter.com/01k8baeRpb
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) December 27, 2021