Famitsu has more information on the upcoming The Legend of Heroes: Trails series title The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki. This game will take place after Trails of Cold Steel IV, set out to tie up loose plot threads, and prepare for “the beginning of the end” of the series. The issue introduced what the new Class VII has been up to since the end of last game. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089 1, 2!]
Editor’s Note: There will be The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Spoilers below.
Here are the highlights:
Rean returns as one of the three main protagonists of The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki. After the events of Trails of Cold Steel IV, Rean has once again returned to the position of instructor at Thors Military Academy. Juna and Altina return with him to the branch campus, and Altina is now more open and gets along with others better. Ash decides to continue studying, but is conflicted over what path to take in the future. Meanwhile, Kurt and Musse both decide to stay in Class VII, with Kurt deciding to work hard in both military and academic affairs. However, it’s a hard life, and Kurt feels that he might be taking everything too seriously.
As for the Erebonian Empire itself, due to being the instigator of the previous conflict, currently it is concentrating on post-war recovery with Imperial Governor Regnitz at the helm. The game’s story may touch upon what will happen with the Nord Highlands, and it seems Gaius, Emma, and Sarah will be a part of the story taking place there.
The Erebonian Chapter of Hajimari no Kiseki mainly takes place outside of Thors Military Academy. It will flesh out each of the Academy’s characters their own episodes. Many of the Academy’s former graduates will appear, including some characters who will be playable for the first time in a while. Crow will get involved with both the new and old Class VII members and seems to also know one of the other protagonists of the game, “Hermit”.
During the Erebonian Chapter, Rean will face off against a mysterious bandaged man with a unique way of speaking who knows all about him. Meanwhile, Altina will interact with the pink and silver-haired young girl who is new to this game.
During the crossover story, each of the story chapters will sometimes intersect, but not directly interact with each other. The Famitsu screenshots show Kurt facing off against a man with a cape and unique-looking sword, who seems to be known as the Thunder God.
Finally, here are a few more tidbits on the story:
- Some people have left the Erebonia, but some others have come to the Empire as well. You might see some never-seen character interactions.
- Having defeated the source of his Ogre power, Rean is now left with no special abilities. During some story segments within the Empire, Rean will touch upon his role as the eldest son and his feelings towards Giliath. It also seems that he’s just as protective, or even overprotective, of Elise.
- Altina still isn’t willing to show her true feelings to Millium. Also, her puppet Claiomh Solais will once again play a role in the story.
- Crossbell City returns as an area in the game.
- Musse will once again get to show off her strategic prowess.
The Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki will release for the PlayStation 4 in Japan in Summer 2020. Previously, the Special Support Section was reintroduced.