Koei Tecmo shared the latest details on Toukiden 2, their upcoming open-world action title, in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
One of the biggest changes for the hunting game sequel is that it’ll take place in an open-world setting. The areas include forests, caves, volcanoes, and all kinds of different fields. When fighting demons, the battles transition seamlessly.
There is a regular flow of time in the world, meaning that there will be night and day.
Protagonist and Slayers
- The protagonist is a Slayer with no memories has fought during the Awakening. During the battle, he flew ahead by ten years, and found himself in a village without any recollection of his memories.
- The Professor uses a gun as a weapon. She’s short, and a professor of mechanics.
- Tokitsugi is one of the Professor’s creations. It has the soul of a brave human inside it, and uses a gun as a weapon.
- Gwen is a British girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. She fights using a new weapon called the “Shield Sword.” She’s also the character shown on the top image.
- Shinragou is a large-type Oni that uses its absolute power to rough up its opponents.
- Hidaru is a mid-sized Oni. It grew to have long arms and an enlarged stomach.
- The Shield Sword puts a large sword in the right-hand and a shield on the other. It appears to be a weapon that excels in both attack and defense.
Toukiden 2 is in development for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. Itse development is currently at 60% complete.