Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: A Spoiler-free Look At Roxas’ First Week
By Jenni . June 23, 2009 . 1:16pm
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is about Roxas’ daily life with Organization XIII, and offers over 90 missions to accomplish. Most of the initial missions are essentially tutorials, a means of educating the player about the Kingdom Hearts world and Roxas’ abilities, in case they’ve never played a Kingdom Hearts game before.
While the game begins in the future, around Day 255, to be exact, it quickly flashes back to Roxas’ first days with Organization XIII. Here’s a brief, spoiler free look at what a nobody’s first week is like.
- Day 7: Roxas wakes up. Learns to talk to people in the World that Never Was’ Organization XIII lounge.
- Day 8: Roxas learns how to save his game. Roxas and Axel go to the underground tunnels of Twilight Town to retrieve an item.
- Day 9: Marluxia goes with Roxas to Twilight Town, where Roxas learns to destroy heartless and gather hearts.
- Day 10: Roxas and Zexion return to Twilight Town. Zexion teaches Roxas to check the mission gauge to see how long before a mission is completed, and how to check the map on the touch screen for targets. More destruction of heartless targets.
- Day 11: Twilight Town with Larxene. Roxas can now access the grid before missions to equip items, magic, levels and such. Roxas and Larxene dispatch more heartless, this time with magic. The magic and item shortcut menu can now be accessed as well.
- Day 12: Roxas is investigating Twilight Town with Vexen. He learns how to recognize and check suspicious areas.
- Day 13: Roxas heads to Twilight Town with Lexaeus. He learns how Limit Breaks can be triggered when near death, allowing him to attack enemies with unparalleled speed. A giant heartless is destroyed.
- Day 14: Roxas can now upgrade his keyblade, and revisit earlier missions to find extra treasures or completely clear them. Axel and Roxas revisit Twilight Town to exterminate more heartless. Some Twilight Town characters make their first appearance.
After Day 14, Roxas tends to receive real missions. Ones that don’t begin with some kind of tutorial message before hand. Sometimes, he’ll even be sent out to carry out objectives alone. Initially, he’ll be tasked with working in Twilight Town, but eventually he’ll find himself in places like Agrabah and Beast’s Castle.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.