Otome Options: April 2010 Report
By Jenni . April 29, 2010 . 1:02pm
There wasn’t as much going on in the Otome world in April, 2010, as there was last month, but there was still some interesting news regarding release dates and general game updates.
Idea Factory did announce three new games. Technically, it’s one new game and two ports, but close enough. One of the forthcoming titles is Pandora, a PS2 game where the star is a girl who develops supernatural powers after a plane crash. The other is a PSP port of the PS2 game Wand of Fortune, where the heroine is a magic student who must pick a kind of magic to specialize in and a fellow magician to bond with if she wants to become a success. Also, the PS2 dating sim with RPG elements based on the Saiyuki legend, S.Y.K.: Shinsetsu Saiyuuki is getting a PSP port.
As always, PS2 games are region locked so don’t buy one unless you have a Japanese PS2 to play it on. DS and PSP games are region-free, so go ahead and go crazy with those.
- D.C. Girl’s Symphony Pocket: Idea Factory’s releasing the PSP port of the PC visual novel on June 24, 2010. It’s a classic dating sim set in a high school.
- Hakuoki: Junsouroku: The PS3 visual novel/dating sim from Idea Factory is going to have an active animation system filled with all sorts of small details. It’ll be out June 17, 2010.
- LoveRevo Portable: This PSP port of Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo has been pushed back to May 20, 2010.
- Moujuutsukai to Ouji-sama: The PS2 otome RPG where you’re a beastmaster who finds four princes that were turned into animals and help them become human again comes out June 24, 2010.
- Pandora: Kimi no Namae wo, Boku wa Shiru: Idea Factory’s working on another new PS2 otome game that should be out in August, 2010. After a plane crash, a schoolgirl named Kanan develops special abilities, and it looks like the setting may be during some kind of war.
- Scared Rider Xechs: This PS2 otome game comes out July 1, 2010. Aliens are invading earth, and only chosen warriors with the ability to transform into Power Ranger-esque heroes can save the day. (And you can date these heroes.)
- Starry Sky ~In Spring~ Portable: The first of four PC to PSP ports in a series of otome visual novels based on the zodiac. Each game features three guys who are essentially representatives of the zodiac signs. In Spring has Yoh Tomoe (Capricorn), Kanata Nanami (Pisces) and Suzuya Tohzuki (Cancer) in it.
- S.Y.K.: Shinsetsu Saiyuuki Portable: Another Idea Factory PS2 to PSP port. Sanzo is a girl, and the other characters are all dateable on this journey to the west. It’ll be out in July, 2010.
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side: 3rd Story : It’s release date has been set! It’s out – yup, that’s right – June 24, 2010.
- Uta no Prince-sama: Broccoli’s otome music game/dating sim game finally has a solid June 24, 2010 release date. You’re a composer attending a school for gifted musicians, and your goal is to find a male singer to team up with so the two of you can become famous. It’s also inspired a manga series of the same name.
- Wand of Fortune Portable: Idea Factory is porting the PS2 otome RPG/sim to the PSP. You’re Lulu, a student at a magic academy trying to become a skilled witch, and can win the hearts of wizards. It’ll be out June 10, 2010.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.