The King Of Fighters XIII Patch Adds More Online Filtering Options For PS3
By Spencer . January 31, 2012 . 4:12pm
SNK Playmore created a patch to streamline online matchmaking for The King of Fighters XIII and an update is available for PlayStation Network now. Atlus says the patch will be released for Xbox 360 "soon," but a specific date was not specified.
Here’s what the patch addresses:
- Ranked Match Filtering: One of the most requested additions, players may now set conditions for their opponent’s connection. When a player who doesn’t meet the standby conditions tries to enter the Ranked match, a warning message will be displayed and the match cancelled.
- Improved Filtering: Filtering functionality in general has seen dramatic improvements. Previously, certain connection data was not filtered sufficiently and the player had a chance of connecting to opponents with poor connection quality. Now, more aggressive filtering should ensure that players are only matched with opponents who meet their filter settings.
- Improved Connection Antenna: The computation behind the players’ connection antenna, the meter indicating the quality of a player’s connection, has been improved, resulting in a more accurate and consistent measurement.
- Temporarily Saved Custom Match Settings: Players may continue searching for opponents with the same settings as long as the player remains in the PLAYER MATCH/RANKED MATCH menu.
- Character-specific Bug Fixes: "NESTS-Style" Kyo and Iori with the Power of Flames no longer become unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Additional refinements, fixes, and more.
Atlus also announced a limited time price reduction knocking $10 off The King of Fighters XIII’s $49.99 price tag. You can get the fighting game for $39.99 now.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.