|PS3 / XBOX 360 / PC||USA|
By Ishaan . November 20, 2013 . 10:32am
Konami have shared a list of ten interesting tidbits regarding Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series that you might find interesting. Without further ado, here’s the list:
1. The design of Gabriel’s costume in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was based on the cover of the NES game “Simon’s Quest”.
2. We considered various actors for the role of Dracula including Gerard Butler and Jonathan Rhys Meyers, both of whom have played Dracula.
3. Mercury Engine 2 was designed for next gen systems and was built from scratch.
4. Almost every single enemy and character has appeared in previous Castlevania games.
5. The work of Guillermo Del Toro has been a big inﬂuence on the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series.
6. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 uses a combination of orchestral and electronic music. This was done to highlight the past and present aspects of the game.
7. Zobek is an amalgamation of the Dark Priest Shaf and Death from earlier Castlevania games.
8. In Dracula Curse for the NES, if players completed the game as Trevor Belmont, during the end cut scene Trevor married Sypha Belnades. In Mirror of Fate Trevor is married to Sypha Belnades.
9. Hideo Kojima played the character of Chupacabras in the Japanese version of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.
10. Hoko Kuwashima, Carmilla’s Japanese voice actress, also voiced Shanoa in Order of Ecclesia.
Castlevania trivia aside, it’s interesting to know that the engine powering Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 is already prepped for next-gen consoles. Perhaps we’ll see the game’s developer, Mercury Steam, up and running with a new game on PS4 and Xbox One before long.