Senran Kagura’s New Switch Game Is “Pure” And Will Only Feature Asuka
By Sato . April 19, 2017 . 1:00am
We recently learned about Marvelous’ new Switch title Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura, and booby producer Kenichiro Takaki shared some more thoughts in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Highlights from the interview:
- Takaki finds the Nintendo Switch’s HD Rumble feature especially fascinating. He expects to be able to do all kinds of different things that weren’t possible with previous rumble functions.
- If you’re wondering what they’ll be doing with the HD Rumble function on Shinobi Refle, Takaki says he’ll leave it to your imagination for the time being.
- Marvelous is going for a pure and wholesome Senran Kagura game with this one, and one big objective is to use the HD Rumble to better communicate character emotions.
- You can expect the story to be a bit on the silly side, but something you’ll get to enjoy differently than before.
- Shinobi Refle is a concept title that uses the HD Function as a base, and will be available for an affordable price as a download-only title.
- Only Asuka will appear as a character.
- They’re working on Asuka’s graphics from scratch. While keeping its anime style, they’re hoping to beautifully show its lighting as well.
- Currently thinking about using Switch functions other than the HD Rumble.
- Takaki says the Switch is incredibly easy to develop for, and is thinking about other titles that can use the Switch’s functions.
Shinobi Refle: Senran Kagura is expected to release in Japan in 2017 for Nintendo Switch.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.