Gust announced Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey in Japanese video game magazines this week, and we got ourselves the first details on its main characters, system, and more. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Firis Mistrut (CV: Kaede Hondo)
Character Design: Yugen
The protagonist of this title. She’s a 15-year-old girl who lives in a mining town that is closed behind an underground gate, and longs for the outside world. She has the special ability to find the location of ores, which she uses for mining work.
Leanne Mistrut (CV: Azusa Sato)
Firis’ older sister and traveling partner. She’s an excellent hunter and one of the few that are allowed to leave the town. She likes to spoil her younger sister Firis.
- The theme behind Atelier Firis is “journey” (or trip, travel). Firis doesn’t have an Atelier in particular, but will use alchemy throughout her journey.
- There will be mountainous areas, severely cold areas buried in snow, and all kinds of different areas, with the most extensive fields we’ve yet to see from the series.
- There are some fields that are basically the distance between a town to a mountain.
- Firis’ outfits will change as she continues on her journey. Time concept is also part of the game.
Choices affect the world and story of the game.
Depending on how you overcome obstacles throughout the journey, it’ll have an effect on the fields and story.
Example: in a situation where a bridge to cross a river is broken
- A.) You can get a carpenter to fix the bridge. After thanking the carpenter, you may get some information about a strong monster nearby.
- B.) Find another way to cross. Discover a cave near the river. There are dangerous monsters in there, but you might be able to find some new ores.
You’ll find various “Bonfires” in each field, and these can be used to put up tents which will be used for your Atelier for synthesis. You might also get effects from the land while using alchemy.
Similar to the previous title, it’ll a synthesis system that is done in puzzle-game style with the ingredients used as pieces. A new “Superdreadnaught Synthesis” will also be possible, allowing you to make things regardless of the size of the alchemy pot. That said, you’ll be able to make things like boats.
A special costume for Firis.
Visual Book and rare tracks CD, an illustrated poster, clear art cards, and more.
Special Collection Box
In addition to what’s in the Premium Box, the Special Collection Box includes nine crystal paper weight cubes and a special theme. Each cube will show different character expressions.
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey will release for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. A NicoNIco Live program will broadcast on June 13, 2016.