Yostar has posted the full details for the next Azur Lane idol event through a Japanese maintenance notice. Unlike the USS Princeton mini-event—which was only launched in Japan and China but not the English global server—this major event will be held simultaneously in all regions, just like Dreamwaker’s Butterfly. It will run from October 29 to November 12, 2020.
The new Azur Lane idol event will add a total of 8 new idol-themed Mu Armament shipgirls. Just like the previous Polaris event, they will be treated as separate characters from the original versions and also counted towards the regular collection rate.
- Le Malin μ – Super Rare Destroyer, obtained from clearing the rhythm mini-game with at least B rank daily for 7 days
- Illustrious μ – Super Rare Carrier, obtained from total emblem collection rewards
- Roon μ – Super Rare Heavy Cruiser, obtained from emblem exchange shop
- Taihou μ – Super Rare Carrier, obtained with 2% pickup rate from limited construction
- Tashkent μ – Super Rare Destroyer, obtained with 2% pickup rate from limited construction
- Dido μ – Super Rare Light Cruiser, obtained with 2% pickup rate from limited construction
- Albacore μ – Elite Submarine, obtained with 2.5% pickup rate from limited construction
- Baltimore μ – Elite Heavy Cruiser, obtained with 2.5% pickup rate from limited construction
Most of the Mu Armament shipgirls from the previous Polaris event—Gascogne μ, Akagi μ, Cleveland μ, and Admiral Hipper μ—will also be added to the limited construction pool, albeit without a pickup rate. All of the limited construction characters will eventually be made available permanently at a later date.
New idol-themed skins for KMS Z46 (with Live2D), U-110, HMS Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, Unicorn (with Live2D), Vampire, and USS Hammann will be added to the skin shop for the duration of the event. The idol skins of ROC Ping Hai, Ning Hai, USS Eldridge, Laffey, KMS Admiral Graf Spee, Z23, and IJN Ayanami from the past Polaris event will also return temporarily.
Azur Lane is immediately available on Android and iOS mobile devices worldwide.