We already knew that an English Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles version would appear in 2021. Now, we know more about the Sega release. The fighter based on the anime and manga will show up outside Japan on October 15, 2021. Though, if someone buys the Digital Deluxe Edition, they can start playing on October 13, 2021.
While the game will be available digitally and physically for $59.99, the $69.99 Digital Deluxe Edition includes some other bonuses. Besides early access, people get some character unlock keys and cosmetic items. For example, people can get access to all the Demon Slayer variants of characters early both with the Digital Deluxe Edition and launch editions of the games. The Digital Deluxe Edition also offers 8,000 Slayer Points and Butterfly Mansion Patient outfits for Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu.
Here’s the reveal trailer:
Details about Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles are already pretty prevalent, given it’s heading to Japan in October 2021 too. For example, we already know the following characters will all be playable in the game. As a note, standard and Kimetsu Academy versions of some characters will appear.
- Giyu Tomioka (Normal and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
- Kyojuro Rengoku
- Inosuke Hashibira (Normal and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
- Nezuko Kamado (Normal and and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
- Sakonji Urokodaki
- Shinobu Kocho (Normal and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
- Tanjiro Kamado (Normal, Hinokami Kagura, and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
- Zenitsu Agatsuma (Normal and Demon Slayer Academy versions)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba The Hinokami Chronicles will come out on the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and Windows PC on October 14, 2021 in Japan and on October 15, 2021 in English worldwide.