Falcom President Toshihiro Kondo talked about Ys sequel or Ys IX possibly coming to PS5. He also mentioned demand for Ys vs Trails series, and more in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Below are some highlights from the interview:
On a Ys Sequel
- “If we can evolve a new and different systems. It might be time to go back to the basics or reexamine things here and there.”
- “Ys X is a blank sheet. If we are to do it, I’d like to make something memorial-like.”
- “Platform has yet to be decided, but if everyone wants to play on PlayStation 5 then it’ll be that. If the PS4 is still healthy, then maybe PS4.”
On Ys vs Trails
- “I’m often asked overseas if I’d make something VS. However, after putting together a ‘to-do list’ I found that I wouldn’t be done until I’m about 60-years-old. I need to take care of that somewhere in there.”
- “I’d also like to remake Ys 1. Things will certainly never end if that happens [laughs].”
- “I’d like to be around to see the Trails series conclude, but I’m not sure whether I’d still be healthy by then [laughs].”
On what’s next for Ys IX
- “The update at the end of November is expected to be its final update.”
- “If it ever releases on PS5 then we might do something big. Like make Aprilis playable, or something.”
Siliconera spoke with Toshihiro Kondo back in August to talk about the possibility of Trails of Azure getting localized. He also talked special memories of Ys VIII and which Ys IV is the “best version” of the game.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is available in Japan for PlayStation 4. Check our previous report to learn more about the final update coming November 29. You can also check here to see what was added in the latest update.