It’s been quite a while since it Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition’s August 2020 debut, which was troubled and featured a few issues. So much so that it was pulled from Australian stores. Some updates fixed a few things, and now Square Enix announced a December 2020 Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered patch that seems like it will add both multiplayer quality of life changes and fix additional bugs.
It seems like some of the more dramatic changes have to do with the multiplayer experience. For example, if you have a party all together and went through a dungeon, then you can choose an alternate dungeon after you’re done instead of only having that same one to go through repeatedly. Another issue had to do with the loot doled out after a dungeon run with a group. After the new patch is applied, someone who takes too long to select will automatically, randomly give a person one. There are also bug fixes to synchronization or Daemon’s Court saw issues when multiple people are involved.
Here are the full Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition patch notes for the December 2020 update from Square Enix’s site.
The following updates are planned:
- Improvements to the storage function.
- Improvements to the power of focus attacks for Lilty tribe weapons; Laevateinn and Daybreak.
- Timing adjustments being made to Automatic Timeout triggers when no input is made in multiplayer mode.
- Fixing a bug where the player’s caravan automatically returns to the region where you played a dungeon in multiplayer mode. Additionally, fixing an issue with the Crystal Chalice element when trapped in a specific area.
- Fixing an issue where a boss’s HP gauge cannot keep up with the speed at which it decreases.
- Fixing an issue that occurs when a guest enters a lobby at the same time the host leaves or is disconnected and upon returning to the lobby and completing a dungeon, the original host’s flags are overwritten to replicate the guest’s flags.
- Fixing an issue where controls would no longer respond after talking to Tiel Dahl inside a building in Alfitaria.
- Fixing a bug so that flags are reset if objects that spawn a "?" element hotspot have progressed from their default state prior to reaching year 5.
- Fixing a bug where synchronisation fails if a player joins a dungeon in which myrrh drops cannot be collected just as a Boss is defeated.
- Fixing a bug occurring during the boss battle when playing multiplayer in the Daemon’s Court, where the saw is activated but does not hit monsters.
- Other minor bug fixes
The following functions will also be updated/adjusted.
- Addition of a function allowing the members of a party who have cleared a dungeon together to select an alternate dungeon to play through together on multiplayer mode.
- Changes to loot selection on the results screen so that loot will now be randomly allocated if a selection is not made before the timer runs out.
- Addition of a "Return to the World Map" option when defeated by a dungeon boss.
- Addition of a storage moogle in each town.
- Improved reaction speed when picking up items inside dungeons.
These updates are scheduled to be released mid-to-late December. We will make an announcement as soon as a specific date and time is decided, so please keep your eyes peeled!
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition is available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and both Android and Apple iOS devices. This latest Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered patch doesn’t have a release date yet, but Square Enix said people can expect it in “mid-to-late” December 2020.