A not-entirely-unexpected delay has been announced. Back in February, THQ Nordic and Digital Continue announced a Lock’s Quest remaster that would bring the Nintendo DS game to the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC sometime in April 2017. Now, the tower defense title has received a release date update. It will come to the new platforms on May 30, 2017.
This updated version of Lock’s Quest features a number of improvements and adjustments designed to make the game look and run better than ever before. Here’s the official list of everything that has changed.
- New progression system automatically unlocks new turrets at specific story plot points.
- Brand new Antonia Defense Battles featuring a new map.
- All music remastered in high definition, with orchestrated introduction and ending.
- Player controls remapped for keyboard/mouse and gamepad input.
- Revamped User Interface, customized for HD resolution, including all new GUI Art.
- Character portraits refactored in High Resolution.
Lock’s Quest first appeared on the Nintendo DS.