Playism has announced that the classic horror adventure game, Mad Father, developed by Sen, is getting its remake for Switch and PC on November 5, 2020. Furthermore, those who already own the Steam version will get the remake content as a free update.
As previously detailed, the remake improves graphics and adds various events, maps, and gamepad support. It will also add additional episodes that tell us more about characters from the game. Here are some of the new additions:
- Graphical improvements (characters, maps, stills)
- Events added
- New maps
- Gamepad support
- Noise filter function (can be turned off)
- Added Mission, Help, and Option to the menu screen
- Controller mapping added
- Voices added (more variation to the father’s laugh)
Here are some of the additional episodes:
- A recollection of the Blonde-haired Youth and the Drevis house.
- A secret about Aya’s mother and the Drevis house that is revealed in Blood Mode.
- Play as a new protagonist in Blood Mode, where you’ll follow the curse of the Drevis house.
Mad Father is available for PC via Steam. The Mad Father remake will release for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam on November 5, 2020. The price will go up to $9.99 and 980 yen after the remake comes out. The game goes for $4.99 on Steam, and it is currently 50% off for a price of $2.49 as a special promo leading up to the remake until November 2, 2020.