Halloween is about to come to Metal Gear Survive, and Konami is preparing for it with crossovers. Silent Hill and Castlevania-themed content will be arriving on October 23, 2018. That is when the The Researcher’s Story (Special Edition) Single Play event will begin and offer people four rewards based on the company’s other two series.
As people play Metal Gear Survive during this The Researcher’s Story event, they can earn a Pyramid Head accessory for their avatar to wear. You also get a number of cassette tapes you can play at your base, changing the ambiance of the area with music. The Silent Hill theme, “Silent Hill,” is one of the tracks. The other tapes seem designed to promote Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood, as they are the “Beginning,” “Divine Bloodlines,” and “The Tragic Prince” songs from those two games.
Here is a full list of the new and reprint items people will be able to earn during The Researcher’s Story (Special Edition) between October 23-November 6, 2018.
- Accessory: Pyramid Head
- Cassette Tape: [Bells & Whistles] Gift of the Wind (Arcade)
- Cassette Tape: [Castlevania: Rondo of Blood] Divine Bloodlines
- Cassette Tape: [Castlevania: Rondo of Blood] Beginning
- Cassette Tape: [Castlevania: Symphony of the Night] The Tragic Prince
- Cassette Tape: [Silent Hill] “Silent Hill”
- Cassette Tape: [Life Force] Power of Anger (Arcade)
- Cassette Tape: [Nemesis] Challenger 1985 (Arcade)
- Cassette Tape: [Super Contra] THUNDER LANDING (Arcade)
- Recipe: Advanced Gear Workshop
- Recipe: Advanced Weapon Workshop
- Recipe: Cactus
- Recipe: Copper Statue
- Recipe: Floodlight
- Recipe: Large Floodlight
- Recipe: Large Quiver
- Recipe: Medium Floodlight
- Recipe: Medium Quiver
- Recipe: Moai
- Recipe: Palm Tree
- Recipe: Sign: "Beware of Animals"
- Recipe: Sign: "STOP"
- Recipe: Small Quiver
- Recipe: Streetlight
- Recipe: Wooden Tower
Metal Gear Survive is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.