Terra Battle is an upcoming smartphone game by Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi and Mistwalker that features strategic gameplay and even its own version of Bahamut. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine provides the latest details on the game. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Terra Battle will have a total of 30 chapters in its story, and that will include an ending. Once players beat the game, they can continue leveling their characters and fight tougher monsters.
Battles take place on an 8 x 6 grid, where the goal is to take out all the enemies that appear. Players will have about four seconds to freely move around the field. As far as micro-transactions go, players will be able to purchase “Energy,” which is used to recover stamina, continues that can be used whenever they get wiped in battles, or for a capsule feature.
The magazine report also reveals a “Download-starter,” which is basically a Kickstarter-esque idea, whereby Mistwalker will continue adding new features and content based on the total number of Terra Battle downloads.
Here’s a list of what we can expect from the Download-Starter campaign:
- 100,000 downloads: New song(s) by Nobuo Uematsu.
- 200,000 downloads: New characters by Hideo Minaba.
- 300,000 downloads: In-game appearance by manga artist Nakaba Suzuki.
- 1,000,000 downloads: A concert for Terra Battle.
- 1,400,000 downloads: Commencement of figurine production.
- 2,000,000 downloads: Development of a console version of Terra Battle.
Terra Battle launches worldwide in October for smartphone.