Nintendo released its quarterly earnings results on November 5, 2020, which included a look at the updated numbers for its list of top-selling Switch games. The list started as a million-sellers list, but it is currently one game away from being a 10 million-sellers list.
Here are the top-selling Nintendo Switch games as of September 30, 2020:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 28.99 million pcs.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 26.04 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 21.10 million pcs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 19.74 million pcs.
- Pokemon Sword/Pokemon Shield – 19.02 million pcs.
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.99 million pcs.
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu!/Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 12.49 million pcs.
- Super Mario Party – 12.10 million pcs.
- Splatoon 2 – 11.27 million pcs.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 8.32 million pcs.
Now, if only New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe catches up, we’ll have our 10-million-super-sellers list.
Check out the top-selling Nintendo 3DS titles below:
- Mario Kart 7 – 18.92 million pcs.
- Pokemon X/Pokemon Y – 16.49 million pcs.
- Pokemon Sun/Pokemon Moon – 16.20 million pcs.
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Pokemon Alpha Sapphire – 14.34 million pcs.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.37 million pcs.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.82 million pcs.
- Super Mario 3D Land – 12.77 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 9.61 million pcs.
- Pokemon Ultra Sun/Pokemon Ultra Moon – 8.89 million pcs.
- Tomodachi Life – 6.63 million pcs.
As you can see in both lists, the Mario Kart games remain in the lead as top-sellers for the Switch and 3DS. Keep in mind that all numbers are life-to-date worldwide consolidated sales. The numbers include purchases of software bundled with hardware and digital sales.
In case you missed it, the Nintendo Switch sales reached 68.3 million worldwide.