Blizzard has announced it is making some distinctive changes to many of Overwatch’s Support heroes. The next patch for the game is going to make Mercy a little less powerful, while making Ana, Brigitte, Lúcio and Moira a little more appealing. Zenyatta is the only Support hero not being adjusted.
Mercy’s change may be the most notable. In the update, Geoff Goodman says that she is so good at healing, the other Support heroes could not keep up. So now, her healing beam will heal 50 HP per second instead of 60 HP.
However, other people are getting major changes too. Ana’s Nano Boost Ultimate will immediately heal 300 HP when used, alongside the temporary 50% damage boost and 50% damage resistance increase. Lúcio also has two moves being buffed, as Sound Barrier will give 750 shields and Crossfade will have a 12m radius after the update.
Here are the full Overwatch Support update notes.
- Nano Boost additionally heals the target instantly for 300 HP.
- Shield Bash cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds.
- Sound Barrier effect increased 50% from 500 to 750 shields.
- Crossfade aura radius increased 20% from 10m to 12m.
- Primary fire healing beam reduced 17% from 60 HP/s to 50 HP/s.
- Healing resource base regen rate increased 20%.
Overwatch is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.