While it wasn’t mentioned with the PS4 System Update 7.00 notes, as of October 7 the PS4 ended its Facebook integration support, including share features such as posting gameplay, trophy activity, and screenshots.
Here’s more from Sony Interactive Entertainment’s support page:
What this means for you:
PlayStation 4’s share features will remain the same, except Facebook will no longer be offered
as a destination to share screenshots, videos, music, trophy details, or links to gameplay broadcasts.
- Users will no longer have the ability to link their Facebook account to their PlayStation™Network account. This means Friends List features, such as adding friends from Facebook will be removed.
- Profile pictures imported from Facebook will no longer be used. We recommend selecting a new picture for PlayStation® friends to identify you. There are multiple options for changing your profile picture on PS4™ to an Avatar or image of your choosing.
- On PS4™, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Profile] > [Profile Picture]
- Alternatively on PS4™, you can select your Profile from the Function area. Click on the […] button to the right of [Set Online Status]. Then [Edit Profile] > [Profile Picture]
- You can also upload an image in the PlayStation® App from your mobile device
A spokesperson for Facebook provided the following statement to Kotaku on the matter:
“We’re working with Sony to finalize an updated contract designed to improve the Facebook integration on PlayStation. While these discussions are in progress, Facebook features will not be available on PlayStation 4. We hope to bring these features back as soon as our teams reach agreement.”
Based on that, if all Sony needs to do is finalize an updated contract, then it might not be so long until we get an improved Facebook integration for the PS4 in the near future.