With the latest update to Pokemon GO that was announced this week, series staple mechanic Trade Evolution has now been added into the game. More Unovan Pokemon have also been added, and can be found in the wild, or in Eggs.
While previous Trade Evolution Pokemon like Alakazam were treated as normal evolutions, they will now be able to evolve without costing any candy if they were originally caught by a different Trainer. This comes as a great boon to the Pokemon this entails, and synergizes with trading being the main way to receive Lucky Pokemon as well.
Furthermore, this applies retroactively, meaning that if you already had a Machoke or Graveler from another person, they will get their candy cost reduced to zero after the update is installed. Unovan Pokemon added in this update that are eligible include Boldore, Gurdurr, Karrablast, and Shelmet.
Finally, here’s a list of all the new Unovan Pokemon added to the game:
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokémon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin