The Pokémon GO Pokedex is about to grow. The official website has revealed Sinnoh Pokémon will be added to the game. An exact release date has not been revealed, they are said to be “coming soon.” The new creatures will be joined by a number of changes being made in the name of improving game balance and creature diversity.
Here are the official changes coming to Pokémon GO alongside the Sinnoh Pokémon. They involve changes in Pokémon appearance and in-battle effectiveness.
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
As you explore the world of Pokémon GO, the following changes will affect the Pokémon that appear around you:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
The in-game battle mechanics are being rebalanced. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokémon with high and low HP.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokémon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokémon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
A teaser trailer was released. It hints at Chimchar, Piplup, and Turtwig appearances. We also get a glimpse of a legendary at the end that looks a little like Giratina.
Pokémon GO is available for Android and Apple iOS devices.