During the Nintendo Direct today, Nintendo revealed that Super Mario 3D World’s theme in Super Mario Maker 2 will be treated separately from the themes featured in the first game, and for good reason – it’s got a lot of gimmicks that are only found in this theme.
For example, 3D World theme will allow Mario to turn into Cat Mario with a Super Bell, doing actions like climbing, pouncing, sliding, and more. Other gimmicks include:
- Clear Pipes, crates that can float on water and lava,
- Warp Boxes that force players into a specified location,
- Spike Blocks that can also be comboed with the On/Off Switch,
- ! Block which can be groundpounded to pop up quicker,
- Blinking blocks that change on the beat,
- Track blocks that follow any lines drawn
- Mushroom trampolines,
- Piranha creepers that extend and have a harmful stem,
As well as unique enemies like the Skipsqueak, Charvaargh, Pom Poms, Banzai Bills that can fly towards the screen, and more including Meowser.
Super Mario Maker 2 is coming June 28, 2019 onto Nintendo Switch.