We haven’t seen much of the upcoming smartphone game Utawarerumono: Lost Flag but it is scheduled to release this month in Japan. This week’s issue of Famitsu has more details in an interview with Aquaplus. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Below are highlights from the interview:
- -The story is set in a different world from the trilogy. We’ll learn from the story why the characters are sent to this world after being called by the mist.
- -Aquaplus believes fans are looking forward to the scenario more than anything, so they made it a goal to have the game further immerse players as they advance through the story.
- -The developers struggled on some parts about developing for smartphone, but they’re thankful for all the knowledge and support shared by many.
- -The game features over 20 characters. They plan to add more characters at fixed intervals afterwards.
- -There are characters you can recruit by gacha but not all characters are gacha. There are numerous characters you’ll recruit by advancing through the story.
- -Character rarity is shown by the number of stars. You’ll get to train them to max out the number of stars. That means if your favorite character has low stars you can train and make them viable in battle.
- -Characters power up as they gain experience points. There are certain conditions that must be met in order to increase the number of stars.
- -Aquaplus believes they’ll be able to release the game in the coming days.
Some of the confirmed characters include the following:
Utawareru: Lost Flag launches for iOS and Android in Japan in November 2019. You can check some footage featuring new heroine Minagi and more in our previous report.