By Ishaan . November 8, 2009 . 1:25pm
Contest time! This time we decided to be a little experimental and have people actually work for the prize to gauge how many of you prefer this kind of thing as opposed to "pick a random winner" contests.
…hey, where’d everyone go?
The goods: A copy of Magna Carta 2 (Xbox 360) along with the official visual book and battle guide.
The premise: Pick any one videogame franchise you like and give suggest a new take on it. You’ll need to include a genre (you can even make one up), a brief summary (up to 500 words) of your vision for the game and finally, what developer you would like it handled by and why. Send your entries in to us and we’ll whittle them down to the best ones. These will then be featured on the site and we’ll let readers vote for the best three, all of whom will receive the Magnacarta 2 prize pack.
1. Only one entry per person! If you mail in more, we will disregard them.
2. As always, think before you type. If your idea sounds ridiculous, it won’t even make it into the bracket; so don’t go about sending in stuff like, "ZOMG full 3D virtual reality headset synced up to my PS3!" Suggest ideas that sound plausible, technologically, with the hardware available to us. You can use things like Natal and the Vitality Sensor.
3. No retro-rehashes! It’s all too easy to go "2D Sonic the Hedgehog a la Genesis!" No. Be creative please!
4. Do not exceed 500 words in your summary! No one has the time to read paragraphs of text. Going way over the limit will result in your entry being disqualified. (Going over by a word or two is fine though)
5. Mail entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Magna Carta 2 Game Design Contest by November 10.
6. US and Canada residents only. Magnacarta 2 is region locked for those territories.
Here’s a quick example of how it should look:
Metal Gear Solid: Love off the Battlefield
Developer: Nudemaker, based on their experience with the genre.
Description: A bishoujo game starring a hot-blooded Snake. The Colonel is out on vacation and has hired Snake to babysit his three daughters in his absence. Fortunately for Snake, Mei-Ling is assigned to provide backup. The game is part stealth, part dating-sim. You must sneak unseen into the room of different girls under a cardboard box and learn about their lives and attempt to win their affections. You must also make efficient use of the money left in your care for running the household, so you can use whatever you don’t spend on having Otacon build…devices…to help with your goal.
That’s that. Have fun coming up with wild ideas!