By Ishaan . April 6, 2011 . 11:52pm
Contrary to a recent statement by Sony Computer Computer America president, Jack Tretton, the earthquakes in Japan have had “no impact” on the NGP’s launch, according to Sony’s offices in Japan.
"So far we see no impact from the quake on our launch plan," Sony Computer Entertainment spokesman, Satoshi Fukuoka, told Nikkei.com, labelling Bloomberg’s recent report, based on an interview with Tretton, as “wrong.”
Tretton recently said to Bloomberg, with regard to the earthquakes: “It may be the straw that says ‘maybe we get to just one market by the end of the year.’”
However, when Sony initially unveiled the NGP, Fukuoka says, they didn’t commit to a simultaneous global launch in the first place. It would seem those plans had never changed, despite Tretton’s statement.