Ultra Street Fighter IV’s Fifth Character Isn’t On Anyone’s Radar
Capcom senior product manager Matt Dahlgren has confirmed to Siliconera that the fifth new character in Ultra Street Fighter IV won’t be from any other companies—it will be a Capcom character.
Dahlgren also hinted to us that it’s a character that isn’t on anyone’s radar, and that Capcom feel the character will be a perfect fit for the Street Fighter universe.
Paired with previous hints, this leaves us with the following clues:
- It is a Capcom character.
- It isn’t Asura or Bad Box Art Mega Man.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV will mark this character’s fighting game debut.
- It is a character that isn’t on anyone’s radar.
- The character will be a perfect fit for the Street Fighter universe.
Finally, we also asked Capcom how upgrading to Ultra Street Fighter IV from a previous version of the game will work. They confirmed to us that, if you happen to own just Super Street Fighter IV, upgrading to Ultra will also get you all of the content from Arcade Edition.
Ultra Street Fighter IV will be available in early 2014. Upgrading from a previous version of the game will cost $15. A standalone copy will be available for $40.