Square Enix, Atlus, Marvelous, Koei Tecmo, Sega, And More On 2017 Ambitions And Teasers
By Sato . January 10, 2017 . 7:00am
As a follow up to the year-end messages in our earlier report, Famitsu and Dengeki both had big features this week on 2017 ambitions from 110+69 developers. Here are some key highlights of ambitions and teasers from various game makers from across Japan. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Since both features are about 2017 ambitions, we’ve combined the highlights of Famitsu and Dengeki to make it a little easier to read.
- Naoya Shimokawa: I’m working full force on Dungeon Travelers 2-2. We’re also advancing on other stuff, so please look forward to it.
Arc System Works
- Toshimichi Mori: I’ve been working on fighting games for a good while now, and I’d like to try making something of a different genre next. The genres I’ve always wanted to work on are school stories, mystery (something with reasoning), horror, something with robots, and my dream of a space opera. I’m thinking of making something out of those.
- Kazuyuki Yamai: I’m working hard on plans for Shin Megami Tensei’s 25th anniversary. The new title is a secret for just a little longer.
- Kazuhisa Wada: We haven’t been able to announce it yet, but I’m working on all sorts of things.
- Yusuke Tomizawa: Development on the new God Eater console game has been going full force, and I hope to be able to share the latest soon. The series’ 7th anniversary is on February 4, so please expect something new.
- Minae Matsukawa: Currently in the middle of Dragon’s Dogma Online 3.0’s development. I’m also working on a different title bits at a time.
- Yujiro Usuda: Working on several titles that will definitely get reactions from the antennae of our fans.
- Takuya Yamanaka: Using the experience gained from Caligula, I’m working on several personal plans.
- Fumito Ueda: With a change of the mind, I’d like to put serious effort into something new.
- Daisuke Yamamoto: I’ve began work on a new title that I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.
- Norihisa Kochiwa: We’re currently advancing on the development of a new cutting-edge RPG. It’s technologically a new challenge for us, so it might leave you with a big impression that what we’ve seen up until now.
- Kenta Sugano: I’m doing some work! Please forgive me with just that one line for this time.
- Naoko Mizuno (Compile Heart): Neptunia is a given, but I’d also like to take on a completely new title.
- Yoshimi Yasuda: In addition to God Wars, I’d like to release two new titles.
- Juntaro Kouno: Working on the production of an unannounced console game.
- Hitoshi Hasegawa: Advancing on the development of a new smartphone title.
- Keisuke Kikuchi: It’s Atelier’s 20th anniversary, so I’d like to prepare a title for it in celebration.
- Takashi Morinaka: We’re steadily advancing on new developments for the Toukiden series.
- Akihiro Hino: Working on our first VR title. We’ve yet to decide what kind of title it’ll be, but I hope to make it into something that will bring plenty of VR enjoyment for the players.
- Shoji Masuda: I can’t share any details, but I have two major proposals, and I hope to pick one of them.
- Yoshifumi Hashimoto: I can’t say the title name yet, but I’m working on it for a certain hardware.
- Kenichiro Takaki: Working on various developments with Senran Kagura at the center.
- Hironobu Sakaguchi: I’m working on a new title. Please stay tuned.
- Hideki Kamiya: Quietly moving forward. [Note: While it doesn’t specify, the wording used could imply that he’s already working quietly on something.]
- Hiroyuki Sakamoto: Please look forward to hearing about what’s next for Yakuza.
- Toshihiro Nagoshi: I’m often asked about what I’ll do for our next new title, but I’ll definitely offer a title that’ll blow away any kind of worries.
- Takeshi Ozawa: I’d like this to be a year to further expand on the IP that is known as Valkyria. I also hope to be able to share some kind of new information in 2017.
- Takaharu Terada: We have several plans for different projects, but I can’t say much yet.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Keiichiro Toyama: After my first purchase of the year that is Gravity Rush 2, I’ll immediately begin work on a new title.
- Shuhei Yoshida (Sony Interactive Entertainment World Wide Studios): We have numerous unannounced titles in production. Please look forward to their announcements.
- Yuichiro Saito: I want to make something new and original.
- Yoshinori Terasaw: For the first half [of 2017] I’ll work hard on expanding Danganronpa. As for the second half, maybe a new title can be delivered… I think (lol).
- Ryota Aomi: Currently in the middle of developing Dragon Quest Heroes II for the West. I think I’ll be able to say more in just a little longer, but I’m in the middle of working on a new project!
- Kadoi Nobuki: I can’t say anything now (lol) but I hope to be able to say something for this questionnaire the same time next year.
- Takeo Kujiraoka: Dissidia Final Fantasy’s new characters will continue seeing more from the villain side, but we also plan on the appearance of a rather unexpected character.
- Yosuke Saito: I’m currently dreaming of being able to release in the order of NieR: Automata > Dragon Quest XI > Dragon Quest X on PS4 & Switch. But it’s just a dream.
- Takamasa Shiba: I’m working on a new title, but I can’t say its name. Please wait a little longer.
- Hajime Tabata: I’m in the middle of working on Final Fantasy XV’s update. I’m also taking on the challenge of a great expansion that hasn’t been made public yet.
Video game stories from other sites on the web. These links leave Siliconera.