The Outer Worlds is going to be a lot easier on the eyes, thanks to the 18.104.22.168 patch. Obsidian Entertainment’s latest update includes a number of fixes. Most notable are ones that change how things look. People can now adjust The Outer Worlds font sizes. A Tartarus crash point has also been fixed and the Xbox One version’s trees will now look as detailed as the ones on the PlayStation 4.
Reports have come in showing exactly how The Outer Worlds font sizes change with the patch. If people check the Settings’ UI area, they can choose to make the text larger for conversation and terminal text and cinematic and bark subtitles. However, early reports showing it in-practice suggest the increase in size varies depending on context.
Here are some examples of the increased The Outer Worlds font sizes.
So the first one is the normal subtitles.
Next one when I turned on the "Large subtitles" and we get that. No way to make it bigger unfortunately…
Would’ve been nice for a background subtitles as well…
I’m glad they made it .. a little bigger but ugh.. pic.twitter.com/EylhxynA1f
— Chris [DeafGamersTV] (@DeafGamersTV) November 19, 2019
It appears the only text that was actually changed much was the triggered dialogue text and dialogue options pic.twitter.com/tIRKh0zret
— Courtney (@CyclopediaBrain) November 19, 2019
Here are the full patch notes for the 22.214.171.124 The Outer Worlds update:
Top Community Requests:
• The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
• Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
• Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4.
• The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along.
• Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest.
• Fix for "Radio Free Monarch" where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party.
• Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4.
• The achievement/trophy for "It’s Not the Best Choice" will pop correctly.
The Outer Worlds is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.