Bandai Namco and Project Aces revealed at gamescom 2020 that Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown will have three more DLC aircraft available for purchase in Fall 2020.
These are fictional aircraft originally made in prior Ace Combat titles. Their inclusions in Ace Combat 7 were teased in the 25th Anniversary wallpaper, and each aircraft will come with around seven different skins.
The original aircraft that will be added are as follows:
- CFA-44 Nosferatu – the Next-Generation Carrier-Based Stealth Fighter that debuted in Ace Combat 6
- XFA-27 – the Carrier-Based Stealth Fighter from Ace Combat 2
- ASF-X Shinden II – the Advanced Support Fighter that first appeared in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon
Around the same time these DLC aircraft come to Ace Combat 7, Project Aces will also add a free Casual -Easy- difficulty for Campaign Mode, as well as more emblems and aircraft skins based on ace pilots and squadrons from Ace Combat Zero:
- Cipher Skin for F-15C Eagle
- Rot Skin for Typhoon
- Indigo Skin for Gripen E
- Grun Skin for F/A-18F Super Hornet
- Gelb Skin for Su-37 Terminator
- Silber Skin for F-4E Phantom II and F-16C Fighting Falcon
- Schwarze Skin for MiG-31B Foxhound
- Schnee Skin for F-14D Super Tomcat
- Espada Skin for Rafale M
- Wizard Skin for YF-23 Black Widow II
- Gault Skin for Su-47 Berkut
You can watch the official trailer showing the upcoming DLC, which Bandai Namco shared with IGN first, right below:
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown is available on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Earlier this year, Project Aces released a couple of free updates to celebrate the series’ 25th anniversary, adding numerous aircraft skins and emblems including some liveries from real-life squadrons in the United States Armed Forces.