The latest update to Overwatch is now available for PC users in the game’s Public Test Region, which is accessible from the Region/Account drop down menu in the game’s Battle.net app. This time around, a few small buffs were added to Ana, Junkrat, and Widowmaker. For example, Ana’s Biotic Grenade’s radius has been changed from 3 meters to 4 meters. Many other general adjustments and fixes were also included in the patch.
You can read through a few of the updates below.
- Static cameras are now supported in spectator mode
- Team names can now be edited in custom games
- Raised the volume of Hanzo’s Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Okami/Lone Wolf Skin
- Heroes hit by Ana’s Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
- Increased frequency of Reinhardt’s “barrier failing” voice line
- Custom Games can now be paused
HERO BALANCE UPDATES
- Nano Boost
- Ultimate cost has been increased by 20%
- Biotic Grenade
- Radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters
Developer Comments: So far, we haven’t seen any indication that Ana is too strong overall, but her ultimate charges a little too fast, especially considering the impact it can have on a match. Also, her Biotic Grenades are getting a small boost to help her hit multiple targets.
- Widow’s Kiss
- Scoping-in animation time has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.3 seconds
Developer Comments: This change will help Widowmaker acquire new targets more quickly and speed up her reaction time in fast-paced situations.
- Ability now activates more quickly
Developer Comments: Junkrat can be an extremely effective hero in the right hands, but RIP-Tire often felt underpowered when compared to his counterparts.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- Several minor aesthetic changes have been made to the game’s Main, Social, and Options menus
- Removed several stats that were duplicated for certain heroes throughout the career profile
- Controller users can now choose between two aiming modes
- Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick’s range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly.
- Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves toward the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout.
- Camera movement in Spectator Mode has been improved
- Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting, and others will appear more frequently (e.g. Most Gold Medals and Torbjörn’s Armor Packs Created)
To see the entire list of patch notes, you can visit Overwatch’s official site.
Overwatch is available for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One