It’s raining bells for Nintendo. The company announced its sales figures, which also involved a look at the best-selling Switch games. The Nintendo Consolidated Results for the Nine Months Ended December 31, 2019 and 2020 are in. The Consolidated Operating Results revealed a race for the top spot. While Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is holding steady in first, Animal Crossing: New Horizons sales could eventually unseat it.
Nintendo’s report went over changes. Specifically, it looked at how sales have increased for both games as of late. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is now at 33.41 million units sold worldwide. An additional 8.64 rolled out during the time period. However, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now at 31.18 copies sold worldwide. This burst is attributed to an additional 19.41 million in sales.
It’s also important to look at how quickly those sales added up. It hit 2.6 million copies moved in Japan just over a week after its March 2020 launch. Then, Nintendo’s May 2020 update had it at 13.41 million copies sold. Then, in August 2020, it passed 22.40 million.
Here’s Nintendo’s full list of the current top 10 best-selling Switch games.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe at 33.41 million pcs.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons at 31.18 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate at 22.85 million pcs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild at 21.45 million pcs.
- Pokemon Sword and Shield at 20.35 million pcs.
- Super Mario Odyssey at 20.23 million pcs.
- Super Mario Party at 13.82 million pcs.
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! 13.00 million pcs.
- Splatoon 2 at 11.90 million pcs.
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at 9.82 million pcs.
Some newer releases’ sales figures also came up during the report. Here are how some of Nintendo’s 2020 games performed.
- Paper Mario: The Origami King at 3.05 million pcs.
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars at 8.32 million pcs.
- Pikmin 3 Deluxe at 1.94 million pcs.
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit at 1.08 million pcs.
As far as games go, the report closed out by mentioning Buddy Mission: BOND will release in Japan in January 2021 and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury will appear worldwide in February 2021.