Arc System Works announced that it has decided to cancel the Arc World Tour 2020 in its entirety due to ongoing coronavirus concerns.
The company said in its statement that the health of competitors, staff, and community members is their top priority. The company was also facing increased difficulty in facilitating fair competition throughout the tour. For this reason, Arc System Works apologized to all of those who have been eagerly anticipating the tour.
As for the future events, starting with Arc World Tour 2021, Arc System Works will decide based on global conditions as coronavirus news develops. Furthermore, the company is currently discussing the possibility of holding ARCREVO Japan 2020 and Arc World Tour 2020 Finals as independent events, with participants’ safety as a top priority, of course. We can expect to hear more details in further announcements later.
Below are the changes as a result of the cancellation:
- ARCREVO Japan 2020 – Planned for July 18th, 2020. As stated above, this event is under discussion to be held as an independent event.
The date and location of the events have not been determined at this time.
- ARC WORLD TOUR 2020 Finals – This event was slated to take place in Los Angeles, CA. at the end of the year. As stated above, the plan is to hold an independent event within the same timeframe. The date and location of the events have not been determined at this time.
- ARCREVO Korea 2020 and DAREDEVIL Events – Cancelled entirely.
- Online Tournaments – We are planning to facilitate this event independent of the world tour.
- Arc World Tour Points (AWTP) – No AWTP will be rewarded at Premiere Tournaments, DAREDEVIL Events, or any online tournaments.
The Arc World Tour was first announced in August 2018 when Arc System Works also announced that they were working on a new Guilty Gear game. The new game would end up being announced as Guilty Gear -Strive-. Check out the latest character trailer featuring Millia Rage and Zato-1 in our previous report.