Following the teaser earlier this month about a new Atelier game that will feature a bunch of characters from the series, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine has revealed it as Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Nelke von Luchetam (CV: Rina Honnizumi): The daughter of nobles admired by sages. She has no talent in alchemy. As a noble, she’ll be in charge of developing a frontier town of Vestabalt on behalf of her father who is a lord. And she’ll also search for the “Sage’s Remains” while doing so.
The game is a town-building RPG where charact3ers from past titles will visit as you help develop this town. You’ll get to freely build your town any way you like, while using your own money and consulting other characters.
The other Atelier characters won’t be there as a result of warping from their original world or anything like that, but rather, they’ll leave the setting of the previous series alone and depict them as characters who previously lived there and such.
Here are the characters confirmed for the game so far:
The magazine shows nine silhouettes of characters who appear to be Elie, Lillie, Judie, Rorona, Escha, Logy, and others.
Here are some highlights from the interview with the developers:
- NOCO is working on the illustrations.
- There will be gathering, battle, and synthesis elements.
- Gust hopes to make this into a new Legendary Alchemists series that brings all the characters from the series together.
- The protagonist is not an alchemist.
- The freedom part of building towns is a big focus for the game.
- You’ll get to build an atelier and if you have Marie handle it, it becomes Marie’s atelier.
- Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists is being made as a spinoff game, but Gust is also thinking about the conventional Atelier series.
Nelke and the Legendary Alchemists is currently in development for PS4, PS Vita, and Nintendo Switch with a 2018 release window in Japan.