To commemorate the start of Season 3 of the Attack on Titan anime, Koei Tecmo announced that a free update adding a new difficulty, skills, and plenty more is coming on August 9.
Here’s what we’ll see in the free update:
Includes Kenny’s hat as an original character part
A new character, Kenny, has appeared in Season 3 of the anime “Attack on Titan.” Players will be able to equip his hat in character creation. Recreate Kenny and take him for an omni-directional mobility whirl to drive off the terrible Titans.
Addition of “Heaven” difficulty
In the Heaven difficulty, consumables like gas and blades, as well as battle items such as smoke signals, have unlimited usage, allowing players to focus more on the actions themselves.
Original characters can be given the unique skills of certain anime characters
Original characters can equip some of the unique skills of the characters fro the anime, allowing players to assemble all the skills with powerful effects. Skills are learned after beating hte anime character with that skill after that character has reached level 10.
- Mikasa: Ultimate Blade Art – Greatly reduces blade durability losses on sufficiently speedy attacks.
- Armin: Natural Tactics – Allied soldiers’ attack power increases greatly as more soldiers fight together.
- Jean: Strength of Unity – Attack power increases greatly as more soldiers fight together.
- Conny: Easily Pleased – Greatly increases the damage of the next attack after acquiring a Complete Elimination Medal.
- Sasha: Survival Instincts – Acquire multiple items when linking up with allied soldiers.
- Christa: Goddess Grin – Acquire multiple items when linking up with allied soldiers.
- Levi: Wings of Freedom – Press button repeatedly while attacking to perform a powerful multiple-hit attack.
- Hange: Research Heart – Greatly increases damage done by attacks using tools.
- Erwin: Devotee – Greatly increases attack power while a battle alert signal is raised and increases length of time effects last.
Practice online only modes offline
Want to play Showdown and Expulsion, but only after practicing? You will be able to do just that, thanks to the new offline practice option for those two modes. Also, the developers have changed the completion reward for Titan Biological Research Report: instead of Titan Research Room EXP, it’s now a Generic Statement of Deployment. Finally, you will be able to carry out a Titan Biological Research Report without using any Wings of Freedom.
Even more elements to make “Attack on Titan 2” even easier to play
- Functionality to choose the in-battle background music has been added to the selection screens for scout missions and past missions. Select from all unlocked BGM listed in the gallery.
- Multiple pieces of equipment can now be developed at once. Also, up to 30 materials can be chosen at a time when reinforcing equipment.
- Generic Statements of Deployment have been added to the regiment store.
- It is now possible to skip certain camerawork during battle.
Attack on Titan 2 is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.