Koei Tecmo announced several new playable characters for its upcoming action game Attack on Titan 2, along with info on some brand-new features that are being added for the sequel.
- A new “Surprise Attack” action can be used once your Surprise Attack meter fills up.
- “Titan Net Capturing” will let you capture Titans with a net, but there are no details on what happens after that.
- “Base Construction” allows you to build a battery and such on the field.
- “Caution Degree” shows a Titan’s caution meter. When it goes high enough the Titan powers up.
- “Buddy Action” allows for some support from allies.
- “Hook Drive” is a counter attack that is used when timely evading an attack from a Titan. When used you’ll see a change in camera and scene.
- New playable characters include Rico Brzenska, Mitabi Jarnach, Ian Dietrich, and Hannes.
Attack on Titan 2 releases in March 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in North America and Europe. Japan will get the same versions plus PS Vita and minus Xbox One. Check out our previous report for a look at a new trailer featuring a fight against the Beast Titan.