Attack on Titan is releasing next week in Japan, and while the game will only have 1-player action at launch, Koei Tecmo announced that they’re adding online multiplayer co-op in a future major update. [Thanks, Zaregoto.]
The major update will be free and it’ll support online co-op with up to four players on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita versions of the game.
Additionally, Koei Tecmo announced that they’re going to have a patch for Attack on Titan. on March 24, which will add over ten items to the game.
Update: here’s a look at some more info on the upcoming DLCs:
- February 18: Additional “New Years” costumes.
- February 25: Additional “Festival” costumes and weapons. “Terms of Trade” episode and two other episodes.
- March 3: Additional “Halloween” costumes and weapons. “Iron Wall” episode and two other episodes.
- March 10: Additional “Christmas” costumes and weapon. “Competition for Survival” and two other episodes.
- March 17: Set of all additional costumes (16 total,) and a set of all additional weapons (4 total,) and all additional episodes (9 total).
- March 24: Major update. Adds online co-op play with up to four players, and will also add 10 additional content, including Titan decorations for the base.
Attack on Titan will release in Japan on February 18, 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita. The game is headed westward in 2016.