Another region has its own way to buy merchandise directly from Nintendo. The Australia and New Zealand My Nintendo Store is now open. While the selection is sparse to start, it does have items to purchase with actual money and My Nintendo Platinum Points. As pointed out by the tweet announcing the shop, many of the items have Super Mario designs.
At the moment, there aren’t too many things to choose from. However, the Austalia and New Zealand My Nintendo Store items at launch are rather practical and decorative. The general merchandise section includes things like aprons, bags, coasters, an eye mask, a tablecloth, and things you can drink out of.
Here’s the list of items available at launch on January 13, 2021. All of the prices are in Australian dollars.
- Splatoon 2 All-in-One Nintendo Switch Box – $69.95
- Super Mario 8-bit Blue Tablecloth – $48
- Super Mario Boo Sleep Mask – $29.95
- Super Mario Chain Chomp Towel & PET Bottle Holder – $24
- Super Mario Foldable Backpack – $64.95
- Super Mario Ground Stage Steel Bottle – $44.95
- Super Mario Pipe Smart Card Holder – $29.95
- Super Mario Question Block & Block Silicon Coasters – $24.95
- Super Mario Travel Pattern Storage Pouch Set – $35
- Super Mario Underground Warp Zone Apron for Adults – $48
- Super Mario Underwater Stage Cooling Towel – $16
- Super Mario Underwater Stage Tumbler with Straw and Lid – $29
- Super Mario Wall Stickers – $28
- Super Mario Warp Zone Apron for Kids – $40
There are only four My Nintendo rewards people can purchase with Platinum Points at the storefront. The two cheapest items are a Yoshi Canvas Pouch and Yoshi Pen Set. Each one is 300 Platinum Points. You can also get a Switch Game Card Case that holds eight cartridges for 500 points or a The Legend of Zelda Smartphone Ring to attach to the back of your phone to hold it for 500 points.
The My Nintendo Stores for Australia and New Zealand also have listings for the Nintendo Switch Online subscriber NES and SNES controllers.