PlayStation 3

Bandai Namco Games and Sony team up for cell development


Bandai Namco sees a bright future for Sony’s cell processor. They are working with Sony to create, Cellius, a new studio that is going to make software specifically for the PS3. Together the two companies are investing 100,000,000 yen or about $823,000 to form the studio. The majority share of Cellius is Bandai Namco with a 51% stake in the joint venture and Sony has the remaining 49%. Namco Bandai has probably been the biggest third party backer so far with Ridge Racer 7, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection out now and Gundam Musou coming in the future. What kinds of games is Cellius going to create? Brand new titles? Or upgraded versions of Ridge Racer, Naruto and Katamari?

Siliconera Staff
About The Author
Sometimes we'll publish a story as a group. You'll find collaborative stories and some housekeeping announcements under this mysterious Siliconera Staff Writer account.