Bandai Namco shared its lineup of games they’ll show off at Gamescom 2018 that takes place next month in Cologne, Germany, where the company will also have a brand-new co-publishing project to announce.
First, here’s a look at the lineup of confirmed games that Bandai Namco will be showing off at Gamescom 2018:
- Jump Force – To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Shonen Jump magazine, Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe brings together some of the world’s most famous manga and anime franchises into the ultimate cross-over experience pitting iconic characters against each other and doing battle in real locations from across the world.
- SoulCalibur VI – Two decades after its first iteration, SoulCalibur returns to its roots while bringing brand-new gameplay features, new stories and new characters to the fight. SoulCalibur VI allows players to battle across its signature 16th century stages and experience the epic struggle for the two legendary swords with a complete roster of returning, iconic SoulCalibur characters, as well as newcomers!
- Dragon Ball FighterZ on Nintendo Switch – Already one of the most acclaimed fighting games of the year, Dragon Ball FighterZ is coming to Nintendo Switch on 28th September, 2018. Developed by Arc System Works, a celebrated developer of classic 2D fighting titles, the game delivers an explosive, action-packed experience that combines gorgeous 2D fighting visuals with advanced character models and visual effects that bring to life the classic Dragon Ball art style.
- One Piece: World Seeker – The next big adventure of the iconic Straw Hat Pirates puts players into Luffy’s shoes. Experience a huge and immersive new world to explore, battle and help the Straw Hat crew discover the secret lying in the depths of Jail Island.
- Code Vein – Featuring a story-driven connected dungeon experience, the third-person action RPG lets players create their own avatars and choose their partners as they venture out into a dystopian world of destruction. It’s here where players will find themselves up against the Lost, a group of fiendish ghouls devoid of any remaining humanity who will stop at nothing to satisfy their hunger.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown– Providing the ﬁercest air combat experience ever, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown puts players in the cockpit of the most advanced war planes ever developed. Different weathers and flight conditions put players’ skill, dexterity and ingenuity to the ultimate test.
- My Hero One’s Justice – Fan favourite characters from the popular Weekly Shōnen Jump manga series come to life in My Hero One’s Justice. Play as All Might, Izuku Midoriya or Katuski Bakugo to protect people from evil, or play as the Villains with Himiko Toga, Dabi or Stain and unleash your vision of Justice to the world!
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker – Naruto is back! This game lets players fight with their favourite characters in exciting all-new 3D environments. Players will be able to create and personalise their own Shinobi, choosing their face, attire and even Jutsu. Players will also be able to experience team battles, choosing their favourite fighting style and taking the battle to the online arena.
Lastly, here’s a quote from Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe Vice President Marketing and Digital, Hervé Hoerdt, who teases a brand-new co-publishing project that will be revealed at the event:
“Gamescom is one of the best opportunities to give our fans an early, first-hand look at some of our biggest upcoming titles – and 2018 is no exception. This year’s line-up includes the return of fan favourites such as SoulCalibur, Dragon Ball, and One Piece, as well as all-new titles such as the mashup of the greatest-ever manga and anime characters in Jump Force. We’re also proud to announce a brand-new co-publishing project at the show we think our fans will be very excited about. Stayed tuned for more information.”
Gamescom 2018 takes place from August 21-25, 2018 in Cologne, Germany. Bandai Namco’s booth will be located in Hall 6 – B 41.