Daum Games is launching the first beta test for Black Desert on December 16th at 7am UTC and it’ll last until December 22nd at the same time.
You’ll be able to choose from Warrior, Sorceress, Berserker, Ranger, and Wizard classes in the beta, just like you could in the alpha. However, Daum Games is also adding the Calpheon region as well as the Tamer class this time around.
“With the support of Heilang, the divine beast, the Tamer can perform ruthless combination attacks or take enemies down on their own, by borrowing divine forces,” writes Daum Games. “Though innocent at heart, the Tamer is able to channel their passion into a powerful fury that will sweep past any obstacle.”
A new trailer for the Tamer class can be watched above. It’s also been confirmed that the Tamer will be available at the launch of the full game in early 2016. Daum Games also provided a list of the improvements made to Black Desert since its alpha:
● Improved character customization, including 30 new skin tones, 40 new hair colors, new beards, and a bald option for male characters
● Improved balance of character classes
● Improved weather cycles, including darker and occasionally stormy nights and lanterns that can be purchased from NPCs to help players in the dark
● Newly enabled features such as the much requested walking mode and more
● Adjustment of HP Potions to improve the PvP challenges
● Fully localized English text
● Level cap set to 50.99% with PVP unlocked at level 30