The official Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Kickstarter page has provided an update on the treasure chest bug. Update 1.02 had resulted in an error where some PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners were forced to restart, as some treasure chests with items needed to progress weren’t working properly. Now, reports have come in saying that problems are being identified, tested, and fixed. An update was also offered on the Iga’s Back Pack DLC.
The PlayStation 4 version of this Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night bug has the bug identified, but not fixed yet. The Nintendo Switch version’s fix for the bug is being tested, and a patch could be released the week of July 15, 2019. The Xbox One version’s issue has been completely fixed, with the patch having been submitted on July 3, 2019 and a public release possibly coming by July 6, 2019.
As for the Iga’s Back Pack DLC, it is looking like the Nintendo Switch version will be out first. The Kickstarter update noted Nintendo has approved it and it will go live soon. The PlayStation 4 version has been submitted, is waiting for approval, and should be out the week of July 8, 2019. The Xbox One version is being tested and has a week of July 15, 2019 launch window. This add-on will include the Swordwhip weapon and a Koji Igarashi boss fight.
The following improvements were also mentioned as being a part of the next Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night update.
- Map close button has been remapped to standard exit/close button
- Marker button has been changed
- Trail display button has been changed
- Map scroll speed improved
- Zoom in and zoom out improved
- Zoom level retained when reopening the map
- Auto-center when opening the map
- Bug fix: No longer displaying enemies for completed quests
Fixed items getting stuck on walls/geometry
- The functionality of waiting until the item is collected automatically has been left in, in case the issue persists.
- HD Rumble issues in certain areas of the game have been fixed
- Enabled Traditional Chinese language option
- Fixed instances where the game would crash while transitioning between rooms
- Work has been done on the technical "non-visible" side of things to improve input delay, stability, and various optimizations. The teams are continuing to work on these items and we’ll have future updates and plans to share soon.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.