Gearbox Software and 2K announced via a press release the release date for Borderlands 3, which was revealed last week at PAX East 2019. Additionally, they have revealed details on the game’s Special Editions.
Here’s the latest trailer for the game below:
In Borderlands 3, the story revolves around the Vault Hunters, the Gunner, and Siren, the Beastmaster, and the Operative, each with their own powers and abilities. As usual, Borderlands 3 lets players play with a variety of guns that can drop as loot or from other sources, and play with various vehicles that let players traverse the wasteland.
Everything’s at stake when the maniacal Calypso Twins begins to unite the bandit clans in order to claim the ultimate power, and it’s up to the player (or players, via online or split-screen co-op) to stop them. In particular, the co-op option has seen an upgrade with a new Level Sync feature where experience is scaled for each player, so that you can play together regardless of mission progress or level.
The game has been announced for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store, with the game being sold digitally and physically with some Special Editions. Here are the details below:
Standard Edition ($59.99 USD): Base game.
Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins and weapon trinket.
Deluxe Edition ($79.99 USD): Base game + bonus content.
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Super Deluxe Edition ($99.99 USD): Everything from Deluxe Edition + Season Pass
Season pass includes four campaign DLC packs, Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition ($249.99 USD): GameStop exclusive.
Includes everything from Super Deluxe Edition plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Approximately 3” tall;
- Sanctuary 3 snap model
- Vault Key keychains (x4)
- Cloth galaxy map: Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case.
Finally, check out more screenshots here:
Borderlands 3 releases on September 13, 2019 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Epic Games Store.