Nintendo previously announced that players will get to use their Gold Points earned on My Nintendo to purchase eShop games on Switch and it is now live.
Here’s how it works:
Gold Points are awarded based on 5% of the amount you pay. You can use the Gold Points you’ve earned when purchasing downloadable software and DLC for the Nintendo Switch system.
By applying Gold Points to select Nintendo Switch purchases during checkout or Nintendo eShop, or the official Nintendo website.
One Gold Point is worth exactly 1 cent (USD).
You can earn points by purchasing eligible games and downloadable content. Points are based on the amount you pay, excluding any points or discounts used.
For example, if you pay $59.99 for a game on Nintendo eShop, you’ll earn 300 Gold Points. Those points can be redeemed for $3.00 toward your next eligible purchase.
Here are some extra bits of info from Nintendo:
- Gold Points expire after 12 months on the last day of the month in which they were earned.
- Purchases made on Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, or Wii U, or on Nintendo.com (where available), will automatically earn Gold Points based on 5% of the total paid amount (excluding any points or discounts used).
- When purchasing retail package versions of Nintendo Switch software, points will be awarded when the software is registered via the HOME Menu on Nintendo Switch.
- Purchases of Nintendo 3DS or Wii U DLC do not qualify to earn Gold Points. Additionally, subscriptions, passes, in-game items, or virtual currency do not qualify to earn Gold Points.
- When redeeming a download code, Gold Points will be issued automatically.
- Gold Points for physical Nintendo Switch software can only be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date for countries in the North American and Australian regions, and within two years for the European region.
- Gold Points can be used toward eligible digital game and DLC purchases for the Nintendo Switch system, excluding passes, automatic renewals, in-game items, and virtual currency.