Crying RPG Crystar’s director and producer teased late last year that the game is headed Westward. Spike Chunsoft made it official with an August 27 release date and it’ll be localized with English text and audio.
Here’s its first trailer:
For when I weep, then I am strong.
A girl named Rei and Mirai, her little sister, are dragged into the afterworld of Purgatory. To save her sister, Rei signs a contract with the Demons of Purgatory to fight the monsters infesting their world. Rei and her fellow Executors must face their pasts and confront their tears to overcome the Torments and monsters ahead of them. Will Rei save her sister’s Soul before it’s too late?
Meet the character designers, Riuichi and ntny:
- Riuichi: Character designer based in Japan. He specializes in goth-aesthetic themed characters. His CRYSTAR character design progress can be seen in this video clip!
- ntny: Character designer and 3D model creator. ntny has worked on multiple famous titles before CRYSTAR.
- Fight through Your Tears in This Action RPG – Combat the Souls of the dead as you explore the afterworld of Purgatory. Play as four different characters and unlock their memories to learn the truth behind their stories and secrets.
- Power through Grief – The battle system includes an otherworldly being who fights alongside you. Gather your grief and endure Torments to summon your Guardian!
- Tears Give You Strength – Crying will help you take down monsters and empower your equipment. In CRYSTAR, tears aren’t a sign of weakness, but of strength.
Here are its first English screenshots:
Lastly, here are some details for its pre-orders:
The standard edition of the game includes the Summer Collection Costume DLC.
The Day 1 Edition on PS4 includes a mini-artbook showing the world of purgatory, by Riuichi and ntny.
Crystar will release in North America and Europe on August 27, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and PC.