A new Dead or Alive 6 update is here, and patch 1.02 begins to address issues people have had with the game. Most notably, it helps fix the costume part acquisition method a little, while giving more difficult Quest mode challenges and new animations for Bass, Hitomi, Kasumi, and Marie Rose for whenever the four characters enter or exit a stage. It also paves the way for people to buy and use the Happy Wedding Costumes Vol. 1 add-on.
The exact details for costume pattern parts weren’t detailed in the patch notes. However, a tweet from yesterday said parameters would be adjusted and a second one said the randomness of it would be adjusted. It seems to suggest that now people might be earning costume pattern parts for the character they are currently using, rather than them being doled out randomly like before.
Dead or Alive 6‘s official Twitter account confirmed that the launch costume part campaign for the game, which is in effect and has been extended, will become permanent. This means people will earn 100x more parts when playing through the Arcade, Time Attack, Ranked, and Survival modes.
With the next March update, we are planning to adjust costumes parts drop quantity to max 100x times even after campaign ends, and modify how they’re obtained in DOA QUEST. Lobby feature also on the way, more details coming soon. #DOA6
— DOATEC(DOA6)OFFICIAL (@DOATEC_OFFICIAL) March 15, 2019
Here is a list of changes found in this Dead or Alive 6 update.
- Added “DOA6 Happy Wedding Costumes Vol.1”. New costumes can be used after being purchased.
- Added new quests to DOA QUEST mode.
- Added new entry/victory animations for Kasumi, Hitomi, Marie Rose, and Bass.
- Added character model rotation in WARDROBE.
- Added “RECONNECT” option to FREE TRAINING settings.
- Adjusted overall game balance.
- Updated Replay saving format in accord with the implemented corrections. Replay data saved in this version will not be playable in the older versions of the game. Replay data saved in the older versions may also become unplayable in the later versions.
- Adjusted drawing method of awarded costume pattern parts and the response in case of exceeding necessary quantity
- Adjusted graphics
- Reduced CPU workload on the FORBIDDEN FORTUNE stage for some platforms. Note: Applicable to all platforms with exception of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
- Corrected the issue of players moving outside the stage limits after being thrown and triggering wall danger zones on the FORBIDDEN FORTUNE.
- Corrected the issue of players moving outside the stage limits after being thrown on the DOA COLOSSEUM.
- Corrected the issue of players moving outside the stage limits on the MIYABI stage.
- Corrected the issue of Brightness setting becoming invalid while in full-screen mode.
Here are the balance adjustment details. You can also find them on the official website.
In addition, a trailer has been added showing off the Dead or Alive 6 Happy Wedding Vol. 1 DLC, which provides 13 wedding gowns and tuxedos for Bass, Bayman, Hayabusa, Hayate, Hitomi, Jann Lee, Kasumi, Kokoro, Leifang, Marie Rose, NiCO, Nyotengu, and Raidou. This add-on is $19.99.
Dead or Alive 6 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. In addition, a free-to-play Core Fighters version that gives people Bass, Diego, Hitomi, and Kasumi right away is now available.