The game released worldwide for PC via Steam in June 2019. It is available for PS4 and Switch in Japan since launching in August 2019. The PS4 and Switch versions will go for £27.99.
Here are more details from the product page:
As part of this adventure for a modern-day High school life, hisako travels across Tokyo using the subway system with each mission being located at a familiar location in Tokyo. Players will travel through and explore locations such as Shinjuku, asakusa, Akihabara and roppongi as they attempt to defeat the zombie infestation overthrowing the city. To aid hisako’s quest, players will also be able to upgrade hisako’s weapons and skill sets as well as unlock entirely new weapons that will make sure the Dead stay Dead.
- Explore Tokyo in a fast paced 2.5D adventure
- Take control of hisako and explore different areas of Tokyo through the underground subway system while defeating hordes of different zombies and huge bosses
- Slice and shoot to salvation
- Engage enemies with close range Sword attacks and long range weapon attacks which can be combined to create deadly combination attacks on the undead army roaming the city
- Upgrade and customise your loadout
- Enhance hisako’s abilities using money and experience gained during combat with new weapons and skills
- Animated cut-scenes with Japanese voice over
- Enjoy cinematic animated cut-scenes with full Japanese voice over
- Japanese indie Gem
- The highly sought after hack and slash indie Darling, available in the West for the first time on console
Dead or School is available for PC worldwide, PS4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan.