Activision and Bungie announced today that Destiny 2 is headed to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and for the first time in the series on PC on September 8, 2017. Here’s its official reveal trailer.
Destiny 2 is a first-person action game and the evolution of its award winning, internationally acclaimed predecessor, Destiny. With a compelling, immersive story and fresh beginning awaiting all players, Destiny 2 will deliver an adventure for new and existing players to embark on.
- Immersive, Cinematic Story – Humanity’s last safe city has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the city’s Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee. You will venture to mysterious, unexplored worlds of our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, you must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
- Dramatic, Cinematic Story and Missions with Relatable Characters
- New Worlds and Stunning Environments to Explore with Action, Adventure, and Discoverable Rewards
- Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
- Competitive PvP Gameplay with New Maps and Modes
- Customize Your Character with More Options Than Ever Before to Enhance Your Abilities
- Destiny 2 is Available on PC – For the first time in Destiny’s history, Destiny 2 will be available on PC.
- Join the Beta Early – Early access to the Destiny 2 beta is slated for this summer with more announcements to come later. At launch, PlayStation gamers will also receive access to timed exclusive content for Destiny 2.
Destiny 2 launches worldwide on September 8, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The PS4 version of the game will come with “timed” exclusive content through at least Fall 2018.