Capcom shared new details for Devil May Cry 5 in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine with the “Shared Single Play” online element that allows strangers to play co-op missions together. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
- When you’re playing a stage you’ll occasionally see other hunters as part of the Shared Single Play online element.
- These are players from somewhere in the world.While it’s mostly real-time encounters, there will be times that it is a recording of someone’s play.
- You’ll get to watch each other play but won’t get to interfere with anything.
- There are co-op missions and it becomes available depending on the mission.
- After clearing a co-op stage players get the option to “like” each other. You can get orbs used for continues based on the number of likes you get.
- The Shared Single Play system requires zero time for matching players.
- When there’s no one to match with immediately, it takes the data of a player’s previous play.
- Bloody Palace will release as part of a free update in April.
- L’arc~en~Ciel’s HYDE recorded a brand-new song for Devil May Cry 5.
Here are the voice actors announced for Devil May Cry 5 in Japan:
- Nero (CV: Kaito Ishikawa)
- Dante (CV: Toshiyuki Morikawa)
- V (CV: Koki Uchiyama)
- Nico (CV: Lynn)
- Trish (CV: Atsuko Tanaka)
- Lady (CV: Fumiko Orikasa)
- Kyrie (CV: Saori Hayami)
- Morrison (CV: Akio Otsuka)
Ryokutya also commented that there appears to be some missions that are tough enough to almost require co-op to beat.
Devil May Cry 5 releases on March 8, 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.